Unemployment benefits in Norway are granted, if you:
- Have completely lost your job or your working hours have decreased by more than 50% compared with the previous workload.
- During the previous calendar year (2017) you earned at least NOK 145,325 or NOK 290,649 over the last 3 calendar years (2015-2017).
- You are registered in NAV system as an active jobseeker and send reports every 14 days (meldekort).
- You live in Norway, actively seek employment, update your resume, and comply with other NAV requirements (attend the appointments, courses, etc.).
The unemployment benefit totals 62.4% of former income. If you have minor children, you are entitled to top-up benefit (NOK 17 per day).
When do you get the first payment of unemployment benefits:
- If you have been dismissed at the employer's initiative, you are entitled to the unemployment benefits since day 4 after the registration with NAV.
- If you leave job voluntarily, payment of benefits commences in 12 weeks after the registration with NAV.
The price of processing the unemployment benefits is - 120 eur